Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weird and wonderful things to see in Cambodian waters...

Diving in Cambodia is somehow special! There are not many people diving here and the country gives us dives a great opportunity to see things you would not find in other parts of the world says Dennis Funke, the General Manager of the divecenter.

"I have had two really exciting experiences in the last couple of weeks diving here. On one of our liveaboard trips we had a vietnamese commercial diving boat passing by when we did our surface interval. I saw the compressor running on the boat as well as the hose going down. On the first try I did not manage to gear up fast enough to meet the diver underwater. Luckily they came back and I had the opportunity to meet the diver at a depth of 23m!!!"



"When I have been at Koh Rong island last week there was a lady from the local fishing village with her water buffalo walking by at the beach and I asked her if I can take some pictures in the shallow water off the beach. This was a very weird feeling to dive next to that huge animal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment